Fixing Excel 2007 crash

Been upgrading since my last post so have some new solutions for some unsolved system problems.
Simpthoms:
First is Excel... after new system installation , installed Office 2007 enterprise and found that everything work fine but excel. When I stat it and open file or double click Excel file (no matter what kind of) Excel start...open files.. and crash closing app.
Very strange because I had the same installation on same system (Vista 64 SP2) and it works without problems. So I start digging.
Trick with DDE check mark doesn't work - well it stop crashing but more often file not found problem appears. I saw several solutions on MS forums but most of them regarding Excel 2003 and mess up with previous installations - not my case anyway!
Analyzing situation I clear understood that the only problem can be are third-party add-ins that somehow incorrectly initializing by excel. So , I have only 2 of them - Adobe Acrobat PDF add-in, and Asus (Widcomm) Bluetooth send add-in.

Solution:
Removing registry entries not a good idea since Office 2007 have advanced settings to manage add-ins. Just disable in Excel settings Bluetooth add-in startup and my case solved! (Also you can try to disable other if it doesn't help). Hope it was helpful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intel I218V and Intel I211-AT driver solution for Windows Server 2012 R2

How to choose printer for everyday use ? Information for customers who going to buy printer but hard to choose the right one.

CoolerMaster Cosmos II and Corsair H115i Pro installation and tips.